Whether tried and tested for many years or innovative: Insured persons of the IKK Nord can use medically necessary prescription drugs and remedies that are approved for the contract doctor's care. Therapeutic remedies include services such as physiotherapy, massages, speech therapy and much more.
Medical and dental treatment
We guarantee to cover the costs of unlimited treatment by doctors and dentists. It is sufficient to present your Electronic Health Card. Electronic Health Card.
For children and adolescents, the IKK Nord assumes the full cost of braces and other necessary orthodontic treatment under certain medical conditions. This happens when the malpositioning of the teeth and jaws significantly impairs chewing, biting, speaking or breathing. The orthodontist judges this on the basis of the so-called orthodontic indication groups (KIG). They are divided into five treatment requirements. A pronounced malalignment requiring treatment is a degree three to five.
The orthodontist draws up a treatment plan, which you must submit to your IKK Nord before treatment. IKK Nord then pays 80 % of the costs immediately, and reimburses the remaining 20 % after successful treatment. Prerequisite: The measures must be started before the 18th birthday. If you have two children who are undergoing orthodontic treatment, IKK Nord will pay 90% of the costs for the second child from the outset and will reimburse the remaining 10% if the treatment is successfully completed.
Home nursing care
Who likes to stay in the hospital longer than necessary? If you still need medical treatment after an operation and are not so fit that you can look after yourself at home, you do not necessarily have to stay in the clinic. In such situations, IKK Nord provides the necessary care at home.
In these cases, domestic nursing care is short-term care for a maximum of four weeks per illness. In exceptional cases, the time may also be extended. However, IKK Nord also provides home care to ensure that the aim of medical treatment is met, for example by keeping blood sugar levels constant in diabetics with insulin injections.
The IKK Nord also offers additional services for domestic nursing care: In addition to the usual treatment care, the IKK also covers the costs for basic care and household care to the extent that is individually required.
Advantage for IKK Nord members!
IKK Nord also goes beyond the usual length of time it takes to cover costs: if the costs for four weeks are usually covered, IKK Nord will pay its customers up to 26 weeks in justified cases!
If a parent is ill and has to go to the hospital or to the spa, this situation burdens the whole family. But in many cases, this is associated with even more problems. For example, who does the household or looks after small children when the other parent is working? IKK Nord also helps its members in the north to ensure that everything is in order and that you can concentrate on your health in peace and quiet.
The household help of the IKK Nord includes all services necessary to continue the own household. This includes preparing meals, shopping, cleaning the apartment, washing laundry and, if necessary, caring for and supervising children.
The benefits are granted if a child lives in a household that has not yet reached the age of 12 or is handicapped and dependent on help.
From 2016 onwards, the services were further expanded. The entitlement of a maximum of 4 weeks has been extended for insured persons who are unable to continue the household due to serious illness or acute aggravation of an illness, in particular after hospitalisation, after outpatient surgery or after outpatient hospital treatment. If a child lives in such a household, benefits are granted for a maximum of 26 weeks.
In addition, insured persons receive home help if they are unable to continue the household due to pregnancy or childbirth.
In all cases, it is a prerequisite that no other person living in the household can take on this task.
Aids make it easier for you to live with a disability or the consequences of an illness. Aids include hearing aids, compression stockings, orthopaedic shoes, inhalers and wheelchairs. The IKK Nord will bear the costs up to the prescribed maximum limits. The staff at your IKK Nord will be happy to provide you with information on how much of this is available for the individual aids. Ask us and let us advise you! Insured persons of IKK Nord receive all approved aids at fixed or contract prices.
The IKK covers the costs of treatment and care in hospitals. As often and for as long as necessary. In your interest, the IKK will ensure that you receive exactly the - and only the - treatment you need. The IKK has developed a special hospital case management system for this purpose.
If your doctor concludes that hospital treatment, for example for surgery or adjustment to certain medications, is necessary, he or she will complete a referral form for you. The doctor will also advise you on the selection of a suitable hospital. And at www.arzt-auskunft.de you can inform yourself.
In the hospital, you will then present your hospitalization and your identity card or passport so that the billing can be made directly between the clinic and the IKK.
Your entitlement to the type of accommodation depends on the standard of the hospital: If a clinic has only one or two-bed rooms, it may not charge you a separate supplement for accommodation in a two-bed room.
Rehabilitation services may be necessary if, for example, a cardiovascular disease, a metabolic disease, a chronic skin or respiratory tract disease or a disease of the musculoskeletal system already exists. They are designed to prevent a disease from worsening. IKK Nord also offers you outpatient or inpatient treatment as required.
The IKK Nord covers the full costs of both outpatient and inpatient treatment, with the exception of an own contribution of 10 euros per day.
Out-patient rehabilitation services generally extend over up to 20 days of treatment in the vicinity of the place of residence, in-patient rehabilitation services last up to three weeks. In principle, they can only be reused after four years. If medically necessary, however, longer cures and more frequent repetitions are also possible. Rehabilitation services required to restore or maintain the ability to work are provided primarily by pension insurance institutions. Your IKK Nord will advise you on this and help you with your application.
After serious illnesses such as heart attacks, strokes or even complicated bone fractures, the IKK offers rehabilitation services immediately after acute treatment (e. g. hospital treatment or outpatient surgery) so that your health is restored as completely and early as possible.
As with hospital treatment, you pay a deductible of 10 euros per day for a total of 28 days per calendar year. The payments already made to the hospital will be deducted. For children and adolescents up to the age of 18 years, the additional payments are completely waived.
As of 1 January 2005, the IKK Nord will take over fixed subsidies for dental prostheses based on findings. The allowance increases by 20 (or 30) percent if you can prove regular check-ups at your dentist for the last five (or ten) calendar years.
Advantage for IKK Nord members!
The new regulation allows IKK Nord insured persons to choose any form of medically recognised form of care without losing the fixed allowance. This includes, for example, implant-supported dental prostheses.